Tuesday, October 7, 2008
Kauai I want you back!
Alex and I had an AMAZING trip to Kauai! It was pretty much a perfect trip. We stayed at the Sheraton at Poipu Beach and it was the most beautiful beach I have ever been to. We spent a lot of our time there... eating good food, taking in the scenery, and just relaxing. The best days were renting a cabana and sitting by the beach all day...with a mai tai of course!
I snorkeled for the first time and it was such a kick. What I wouldn't give to be a fish in that sea! We saw so many beautiful fish...I felt like I was swimming with Nemo. The Dolphin picture is from the boat ride we went on. It was a 6 hour tour of the Na Pali Coastline. There has been lots of movies filmed on some of the beaches there. Jurassic Park, King Kong, Contact, Indiana Jones, and many others. Its no wonder they used this part of the world to film...the pictures don't do this amazing place justice. We also spent a couple days exploring the sights for ourselves. The scenic overlooks of the coast were breathtaking as well as the waterfalls. On the last day of our trip we went to a place called Spouting Horn, it is a huge blow hole where the ocean water shoots straight up, and when it does it makes a very loud noise. You could just watch it for hours. While we were there we saw about four sea turtles.
Well...I could go on and on about all things we saw and did, but as you can see I haven't had much time to even post these pics. More to come later!
OH yeah...thanks to my Mom for watching the kids so we could have this amazing time together. We missed them a ton, but it was a time we will never forget. Enjoy the pics! 
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment