Thursday, July 31, 2008

Summer fun

Summer is almost over....well for school kids anyways. I can't hardly believe Ry is starting school on MONDAY! We went to his open house tonight to meet his teacher and see his class. Ryan did great and is SO ready. Me on the other hand...not as ready as I thought. It took a lot out of me tonight to hold back tears when I saw his HUGE classroom, big hallways, big people...yikes. It totally brought back my kindergarten fears, yes I rememeber them so well. Of course I didn't let Ryan see my emotions. So, I came home called my Mom and cried! I'm tearing up writing this. My BABY is going to school! I have been looking forward to this for a long time. I even made fun of Mom's that got all emotional and weird about it. Well people I'm one of those Mom's, and I am going to be a MESS on Monday! Ryan had two good buddies sleep over last night. What a riot! Those boys just played and played until they literally passed out. I know Ry will miss seeing these guys as much as we do!

Brooklyn has also been a busy little bee this summer. She is very much ready for a lot of one on one when big brother heads off to school. Brooky is just growing up too fast. Just recently she started talking about being 3! Her Princess status has not changed a bit either! Oh geese!

I'm tired...time for bed. But please enjoy the pic of our newest memeber of the family. This damn thing has been at our house for the last week. He just won't go away no matter how far we throw him! Gross! Sleep tight, don't let the bed bugs bite. Or shall I say spiders bite.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The slip and slide video is awesome! Great to see my little cousins growing up! Jody Dzuranin