Friday, February 24, 2012

Simplicity

3 1/2 weeks left of maternity leave...I'm not dreading going back, but I am not jumping for joy either. How can I complain I have the best schedule and I am so thankful for that! I truly feel for Mom's that have to work full time, how do they manage? I like working part time, makes me feel like I have the best of both worlds. Thanks to my hard working hubby I can do this!

We took a break from activities during the miserable last month of my pregnancy and now we are slowly getting back into it. Brooklyn is starting dance again this week and Ry starts hockey soon. I only let the kids do one sport at a time because I don't want to live in my car. :) Too many families literally bounce from one activity to the next and then they complain they don't have enough time together. Ummmm....hello? We are busy enough, another reason we have lazy Sundays!

I didn't accomplish as many projects around the house that I wanted to, but I am totally fine with that because I have been using my time wisely...cuddling with my sweet baby...and loving every second! Quiet mornings at home soon lead to chaotic afternoons of homework, chores, dinner, baths, etc... I wouldn't trade it for the world! Just wish I could freeze time. But since we can't I am learning how to make the most out of each moment and simplify our lives. In fact it has taken me almost 3 hours just to complete this post because Masen needed mommy time. It's not hard to believe Masen is approaching two months old, I knew #3 would go even faster. So it's up to me to slow time down and enjoy life, and my new motto for my life is going to be simplicity.

“Life is not complex. We are complex. Life is simple, and the simple thing is the right thing.” — Oscar Wilde

Grandma and Grandpa Coombes came to AZ to meet the little Moose and of course fell in love. Masen loved cuddling with my Mom, just melted right into her and snoozed away. Ryan and Brooklyn enjoyed their time with them too, they always do.  Ryan and Papa went on bike rides, walks, a little golf, and Ryan even got to go to the Phoenix Open. It was a good visit even though I told my Dad to get a hotel a few times.
Family...can't live with them, can't live without them. Love ya Dad! Thanks Mom and Dad for all the help too!

It's also been a sad week, my sweet Grandma passed away. I have so many great memories that I will forever cherish. I'm very thankful she was able to meet and know Ryan and Brooklyn. They both have their own memories of her and for that I am very thankful. She was truly the best Grandma. Rest happily Grandma, you are finally at peace. 

P.S. It is now 6pm and I started this at 9am...time to publish and go enjoy the simple things in life. ;) 










 

 





No comments: