Monday, February 22, 2010

Do things really happen for a reason?

My Mom has always made me a believer of that, and I truly do think things happen for a reason. Good and Bad. Ever since I had kids I have struggled with the reality of death. They say it's normal...I think. But for me the fear just has never gone away. Until now...I can just say it's better. Everyday since Cory's accident Alex and I have said that we just can't believe he is gone. Why are good people taken from us for NO reason at all? This again has been another hard lesson that tomorrow is no guarantee. It's hard to admit there has been something good that came from all this. We have had the opportunity to get to know two amazing, strong, courageous parents that adored their son. Cory's Mom has showed me to not be so afraid of death. I can't even imagine what she is feeling, but in the time we have spent with his parents, she showed me that it is ok to smile when life, well, just sucks. I'm not sure why but we have both felt a connection to his family. Maybe it's our way of keeping Cory's memory alive, but whatever it is we intend on seeing his parents often. The other night we stopped by to drop something off and they insisted on us coming in, pulling up a chair, and playing poker. I have to say it was a great night! So thank you Cory for sharing your parents. We love ya kid!

No comments: