Riley....you are so so missed. The kids talk about you everyday as if you were still here. The other night Ryan was playing with my phone and found some pictures of Riley, and literally fell apart. It is so hard when your kids show true emotion, it broke my heart. Then yesterday while walking through the rain Brooklyn says, "Mama, why is it raining?" I said, "Because God is taking a shower." Lol! Yes I told her that because that was always one of my favorite things to say as a kid. She replied back with, " So Riley is taking a shower too because he is stinky." It was so cute! Brooklyn especially brings him into any convo. I think she is still trying to understand all of this.
ANYWAYS, the reason for my post is that I wanted to share that we have decided to get another puppy. The best part is we are getting one from Riley's parents, so it will kind of be like a sibling to Riley. It will be such a special way to always remember Riley. I truly think we all need this to help us heal. Some people think we are crazy for getting another "small" dog. But what happened to Riley was a freak accident. Both my kids took very good care of him, and they were so sweet to him. I
believe things happen for a reason (even though I haven't figured out a good reason for this) but for some unknown reason Riley was only meant to be a part of our lives for a short time. Of course I am nervous to do it all over again, but I am also looking forward to the day that my kid's faces will light up when their puppy comes home.
P.S. Brooklyn is once again insisting on naming another puppy HELLO KITTY!
No comments:
Post a Comment